I didn’t really take many photos of this process like I should have but let me just say it was a bit of a pain. I used black fleece for the backside of my raven tail and used both the long- and short-pile furs for the visible side. I sewed dividers between each “feather” and stuffed them with polyfill, and stuff the base as well just a bit. The attachment I decided on includes four belt loops, the center two to center the tail on my pants and the outer two to stabilize the whole thing as it’s a bit wider than say, a cat or dog tail.
I had to brighten some of these photos so details could be made out, the thing’s so very dark solid black.
Yeah I need to vacuum the carpet, I do have four cats, three of which are black, and if I don’t vacuum every 3-4 days the floor turns gray.